Satellite Self Storage believes service is our most important product.
We know that the following tips will help you when making preparations for your move. Your move should be as easy and risk-free as possible, and Satellite Self Storage will do everything in its power to make that happen. Contact one of our conveniently located leasing offices today and begin reaping the benefits of storing with Satellite Self Storage – the only storage facility you need.Get Started
Here are some things you may want to do to help your move go smoothly:
- Make a list of all the packaging accessories which you may need, bubble wrap, unprinted paper, tape, rope, mattress and furniture covers, marking pens and cartons are just a few of the more commonly used packing items.
- Take full advantage of your space – use its full height, if possible. Shelving helps to organize belongings inside your space.
- Leave sufficient space through which to walk to the rear of the storage unit for easier access to objects and boxes stored at the back of your unit. Disassemble items such as beds and tables to maximize the space.
- Line the bottom of your storage unit with a plastic drop cloth, which will minimize dust and dampness.
- Place frequently used items near the entrance to your storage unit. Place valuables to the rear of the unit for improved security.
- Fill storage cartons to capacity – partially full or bulging cartons may tip or collapse.
- Keep storage cartons under 30 pounds, so they are easy to lift. Pack heavy items, such as books or tools, in smaller boxes. Stacking boxes too high may cause them to collapse.
- Unprinted paper should be used for packing to prevent ink smudges from transferring to your belongings.
- Sealing boxes with tape provides better protection of the contents.
- Fragile items should be cushioned with bubble wrap or unprinted paper and placed on top of other storage cartons, which are not in danger of tipping.
- Label your storage cartons and take home a list of the labeled cartons for easy reference. You might also tape a list to the inside of your storage unit, just in case you forget to bring a list with you.
- Protect your clothing and draperies by placing them in wardrobe cartons, specially designed to hang garments. Moth balls or cedar chips enclosed in the garment cartons are an added defense against moths and the possibility of mildew.
- Never store food items in your storage unit.