Frequently Asked Questions
If you are new to the idea of self storage, Satellite Self Storage has furnished answers to some of the more common questions our clients have asked about our facilities. Self storage is not really much different from the storage at your home or business. But the differences that do exist are significant. For example, the majority of new homes and many older homes have no basements nor is the storage space that does come with the home barely large enough to store a couple of filing cabinets and seasonal clothing and decorations.Satellite Self Storage facilities offer a wide range of storage sizes to fit the volume of goods you need to store, including vehicles. We also take great care to ensure your goods are safe and the storage environment is clean and pest free. Additionally, each of our locations has storage available that is climate controlled.
Contact us today and begin receiving all the benefits of storing your goods at one of our convenient locations in Eastern Monmouth County, NJ.View Our Size Guide
- Is it a simple process to end our storage agreement? Yes. All we require is a ten day notice from you of your intention to remove your goods from storage. After the unit is empty, remove your lock and then sign the vacate papers.
- Are there moving trucks available to use? Each facility has moving trucks available. We waive the daily fee on move in, and only charge 50% of the fee at the time of vacate.
- Can I purchase moving supplies from Satellite Self Storage? Yes. We stock a comprehensive range of packaging materials, from boxes and tape, to bubble wrap and butcher paper, at very competitive prices. We also stock plastics to cover your lounges, mattresses and other furniture for its protection.
- What are your operating hours and when can I access my goods? The leasing office at each of our facilities is open from 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM, Monday through Friday, 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM on Saturday. Access to your unit is available from 6:00 AM to 10:00 PM, 365 days a year. If you desire 24 hour access, please speak to one of our staff for details.
- Do I need to book storage space ahead? As there is quite a high demand for our services, we recommend that once you have decided to entrust your goods to us, that you secure your unit with a deposit. This deposit will ensure your space is available when you are ready to move your goods into storage. For your convenience, we accept cash, checks and the following credit cards – Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover.
- How do I pay for my storage account? Our storage fees are paid monthly, in advance, and may be paid in a variety of ways, including cash, check and credit card. For your convenience, we accept Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover.
- Are my goods safe from pests? Our facilities are regularly inspected and sprayed by a reputable pest control company, for pests and infestation. All units are cleaned and air-freshened after they are vacated, to ensure that you are leasing a clean, safe environment for your valuable goods.
- Are my goods safe with Satellite Self Storage? Your goods are stored in self-contained units of metal construction, to which only you hold the key or combination. All facilities are fenced and well lit. We also have 24 hour, 7 day video surveillance at each location.
- Is there anything that I may not store? We request that you do not store any flammable, corrosive or perishable items in your unit. Items such as lawn mowers and motor bikes should be drained of all fuel before being placed into storage.
- Does Satellite Self Storage have facilities for vehicle storage? Yes, we do. Each of our three facilities has spaces available to store automobiles, most with 24 hour, 7 day a week access. Our staff can help you with current availability.
- What is climate control? Climate control is a feature that we offer at each one of our three facilities. Our climate-controlled units maintain a temperature of 62 to 75 degrees, and are the perfect storage for those who require that added protection for sensitive items (oil paintings, collectibles, leather goods, etc.). Climate Control units are most desirable for those who anticipate long-term storage needs.