Long-Term Car Storage
Long-Term Car Storage
It’s helpful to consider storage unit options for your car as an additional investment in your antique, classic or vintage vehicle. If you’re unable to store your vehicle at home, long-term car storage might be the right choice for you.
Reasons for Long-Term Storage
You might already fill your garage with items such as exercise equipment, bikes, toys and tools. You might be concerned about dings, dents and damage from your children, pets or other factors. Storing your vehicle in long-term car storage provides the flexibility for more space at home and the certainty that your car fits in a space with room to spare.
Other advantages of storing your vehicles in long-term storage units include:
- Protecting your car from the elements: Storage units for cars give users access to a climate-controlled environment, year-round. When your vintage vehicle is shielded from inclement outdoor conditions, it will remain in pristine shape for many years to come.
- Increasing security: Your car is a valuable investment, and one that should be adequately secured at all times. Instead of storing your vehicles in a driveway or a carport where unauthorized individuals can easily reach them, indoor car storage provides maximum security, employing features like durable lock systems and surveillance cameras to keep your cars safe.
- Providing a clean environment: Long-term car storage units are clean and free of dirt, grime, dust, clutter and other contaminants that can compromise your vehicle.
- Gaining peace of mind: Using indoor car storage facilities for your vehicles will help you feel comfortable and confident that your cars are safe, secure and in good hands.
Winter Car Storage
During the winter months, adverse outdoor conditions can put your vehicles in a vulnerable position. If your car is constantly exposed to snow, hail and cold temperatures, it faces an increased risk of windshield strain, stress cracks, scratches, dents, rust and corrosion. Winter car storage units eliminate these hazards by keeping your car safeguarded from the external environment.
Before storing your car in your indoor unit, consider washing, waxing and cleaning out the vehicle to ensure optimal cleanliness. Then, change the oil, check the tire pressure ad cover the tailpipe for further protection. As a final step, disconnect or remove the battery to prevent it from using energy and depleting over time.
Protecting Your Car From the Sun
Oxidization breaks down paint coating and makes your car prone to rust. This process causes the paint to crack, chip and fade when you leave a vehicle exposed to the sun’s ultraviolet (UV) rays for extended periods of time.
Additionally, the heat from the sun can increase the temperature of your vehicle, ruining your seat upholstery, dashboard and steering wheel. A garage-like storage unit for cars ensures that you can protect your vehicle from sun damage with shade and climate control.
The Best Storage Units for Storing Your Car Long-Term
When determining what long-term storage facility you should use for your vehicle, look for the following factors:
- Enhanced security: Your storage unit should be equipped with advanced security features that will keep your car safe, such as 24-hour monitoring, robust building construction and intricate locking systems.
- Straightforward rental terms: There should be no surprises when it comes to your lease. That’s why it’s essential to choose a storage company with predictable month-to-month rental terms.
- Numerous options: You’ll feel most confident in your long-term storage when you have the power to choose a unit that best serves your needs. Be sure to select a business that offers various storage unit types and sizes.
- Affordable rates: You can get the most value from your investment with a cost-effective car storage unit. Look for perks like free move-in trucks and zero admin fees to get the best deal.
- Extensive experience: When you choose a company with many years of experience, you can trust that it has the expertise to set you up with the highest quality indoor unit.
Look Into Storage Units for Cars at Satellite Self Storage
At Satellite Self Storage, we’ll take special care of your vehicle and treat your belongings like they are our own. If you’re interested in vehicle storage with us, check out our storage unit options for more details. Feel free to contact us for additional information about long-term car storage. We’re happy to help find the best option for specified protection and added peace of mind.